[gtld-tech] gtld-tech URS technical requeriments

Matt Keenan matt at tldassets.com
Tue Jul 9 09:05:19 UTC 2013

On 09/07/13 01:29, Gustavo Lozano wrote:
[snip]
> GL - There are several ideas floating around regarding the
> technical requirements of the URS provider, if you want to provide
> feedback,
> you can send it to the list or to me.
>
> We appreciate your feedback.
>

> The MX 0 . approach appears to be well supported in MTAs
> (even if not formal standardized) and should be easy to implement and
> maintain from
> the URS provider perspective.

Since the kinds of people who typo squat probably don't care about
setting up MTAs properly, and probably care less for standards; how do
we prevent them abusing partitions, slow networks, and/or high pre-URS
TTLs to "guide" emails to their servers that don't/won't respect a lower
level MX record? Wouldn't it be easy enough for the typo squatters to
"pre-cache" the MX / A records on major ISP's recursive servers at the
time of registration with very high TTLs to circumvent this strategy?

Matt

--
Matt Keenan
CTO

Tel  +44 77 3787 1919     UK

Los Angeles
Warner Center , Ste 400 , 21700 Oxnard St. Woodland Hills , CA 91367

Tel + 310 650 2804

The person sending this message is an employee of TLD Assets, LLC (TLDA). This message, including any attachments, may contain confidential, proprietary, legally-privileged information or information that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of the addressee named above. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any misdirected transmission. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not disseminate, distribute, copy or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any attachment. Please notify the sender immediately and please delete it from your system.

This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to sell or purchase any security or other financial product. All information contained in this communication is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and is subject to change without notice.

TLDA, including its affiliates, does not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained, or that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference. TLD Assets, including its affiliates does not accept liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result of this transmission, or for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.

Furthermore, all incoming and outgoing e-mail of TLDA is subject to review by its Legal/Compliance Department. As part of the compliance and surveillance of TLDA's business activities, this message may be read by persons other than the intended recipients. TLDA, including its affiliates, reserves the right to archive all electronic communications through its network.