[gtld-tech] gtld-tech URS technical requeriments

Gustavo Lozano gustavo.lozano at icann.org
Tue Jul 9 00:29:43 UTC 2013

Thank you John,

Comments inline.

Regards,
Gustavo

On 7/8/13 4:54 PM, "John R. Levine" <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

>> Regarding email, the current idea is that the NSs for URS locking
>>provided
>> by the URS provider, reply with MX 0 . when queried for the MX of a URS
>> locked domain name.
>
>That would help, but since MX 0 . is not formally standardized* there's
>some other stuff that would help more.

GL - There are several ideas floating around regarding the
technical requirements of the URS provider, if you want to provide
feedback,
you can send it to the list or to me.

We appreciate your feedback.

The MX 0 . approach appears to be well supported in MTAs
(even if not formal standardized) and should be easy to implement and
maintain from
the URS provider perspective.