[gtld-tech] gtld-tech URS technical requeriments

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Jul 9 14:16:17 UTC 2013

> ICANN should not be mandating that any of this be done in an automated
> fashion, nor should it mandate things like "all e-mails sent by Registry
> Operator to the URD Provider MUST be cryptographically signed using a
> S/MIME certificate....."

What are you going to do when sleazy domainers start phishing you with
fake messages from URS providers saying to turn their domains back on?

While I agree that it's silly to try and define all of the low level
details, I don't think it's silly to give some thought to security issues
like how the URS providers and registries recognize each other.

Regards,