[gtld-tech] Registrar IDs for new gTLDs

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Apr 3 18:04:44 UTC 2014

Hi there.

After seeing Francisco Arias's presentation during ICANN Singapore, I had a doubt that one person also asked during the session: if the agreement only specifies 9999 as Registrar ID, can we divide the registrations depending on its billable nature between 9998 and 9999 without breaking the agreement ?
Agreement text says:
"02	 iana-id		 For	cases	where	the	registry	operator	acts	as
registrar	(i.e.,	without	the	use	of	an	ICANN
accredited	registrar)	9999	should	be	used,	otherwise
the	sponsoring	Registrar	IANA	id	should	be	used	as
specified	in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/registrar-ids	"

Any thoughts on that ? Any ICANN clarifications on this ?

Tks,
Rubens
NIC.br