[gtld-tech] Registrar IDs for new gTLDs

Andrew Sullivan asullivan at dyn.com
Thu Apr 3 20:45:50 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 07:07:00PM +0000, Alexander Mayrhofer wrote:
> Maybe that post from 2013 helps? At least, ICANN clarified you can use the 9997 ID for the ICANN required monitoring registrar:

[…]

If only there were some way to establish uses of identifiers, and put
them all in a single place so that they wouldn't collide.  It'd be
almost like "registering" them, for global use.  And maybe, if we were
clever, we could come up with a way that you could put additional
details with that identifier, so that it would be possible to know
when the identifier was created and updated, and so on.

I know, seems like a pipe dream.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
Dyn, Inc.