[gtld-tech] "zfa-passwords" vs CZDS

Alexander Mayrhofer alexander.mayrhofer at nic.at
Thu Feb 13 14:13:13 UTC 2014

We're currently looking into submitting our first ICANN reports for the new gTLDs we host. One of the fields in the ICANN reporting data is the "zfa-passwords" field, which is supposed to contain the number of active users for the Zone File Access service of the TLD.

In the light of CZDS, we're assuming that this field can be left set to "0", because there are no direct zone file access users with the individual registry (and that ICANN gathers the number of users directly from CZDS).

Can someone (preferrably from ICANN) confirm this?

thanks,
Alex