[gtld-tech] Specification 5 - Country names... again..

Colosi, John jcolosi at verisign.com
Fri Jan 10 15:52:41 UTC 2014

Hi Gavin, it looks like most of the files in the repo are using the utf8 format.  But S5.4.3.txt seems to be in utf16.  (It starts with a bunch of surrogate pairs.)  I wonder if we can standardize on a single format.  I might even suggest using A Labels as copying and pasting and comparing is less error prone (for me).  Maybe I just don't have the right tools.  If we decide to standardize then I can help with conversions, but wanted to get some input from folks.

-- John

John Colosi
Senior Manager of Product Development
JColosi at Verisign.com