[gtld-tech] CA's accepting CSR's for nic.<new gTLDs> yet?

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Jan 14 11:36:34 UTC 2014

Em 14/01/2014, à(s) 09:29, Alexander Mayrhofer <alexander.mayrhofer at nic.at> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> has anybody had success with convincing one of the well-know Certification Authorities to issue a certificate for names under nic.<newgTLD> yet? I understand that most CA's have either not whitelisted the TLDs - another factor is that in the light of the name collision discussions, they would probably confuse such requests with (now banned) "internal certificates"..
>
> Pointers and anecdotal experience appreciated :)
>
> thanks,
> Alex

Considering the internal certificates resolution method is to force a revocation and 120-day cooling-off period, I think they are absolutely right in not awarding any certificate in this space, including nic.<TLD>… may be gtlds.nic.at could get a certificate and use it among .<new gTLD> registries it operates, for the time being ?

Rubens