[gtld-tech] CA's accepting CSR's for nic.<new gTLDs> yet?

Alexander Mayrhofer alexander.mayrhofer at nic.at
Tue Jan 14 11:51:02 UTC 2014

> Considering the internal certificates resolution method is to force a
> revocation and 120-day cooling-off period, I think they are absolutely right in
> not awarding any certificate in this space, including nic.<TLD>... may be
> gtlds.nic.at could get a certificate and use it among .<new gTLD> registries it
> operates, for the time being ?

[Alexander Mayrhofer]
We're exactly pursuing this option, but of course our customers and ourselves want to migrate towards services under the TLD itself. I'm wondering whether the CAs will track the 120-day cooling-off period of each individual new gTLD for this purpose as well ....  Probably they didn't yet think about this side of it while being busy with the revocation of the internal certs...

Alex