[gtld-tech] "zfa-passwords" vs CZDS

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Wed Mar 26 14:31:45 UTC 2014

> The issue is that there is no system to system interface between the CZDS and the registry operator or backend registry operator for this count.  It does not make sense to have this manually counted by the approver to manually enter it into the registry system that generates the report and if done perfectly should be a replica of what is available directly in the authority source of the CZDS.  If a TLD is using the CZDS the best source for the zfa-password count is CZDS and not the registry.

Yes, I realize that, but if a registry's processes are so sloppy that it
doesn't remember whose CZDS access applications it's approved, it's hard
to have a lot of sympathy.

The CZDS process makes each applicant apply separately to each registry
for each zone.  If in reality you don't care, and don't even remember who
applied, we could make the process a whole lot simpler.

Regards,