[gtld-tech] [tmch-tech] RPM Requirement of Supporting Claims Service for Release or Allocation of Reserved Domain Names

Wil Tan wil at cloudregistry.net
Tue May 27 12:46:58 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Gould, James <JGould at verisign.com> wrote:

>  I prefer option 2 for the “Allocation of the reserved names” problem.  I
> prefer option 4 first, followed by option 3, for the “Handling the claims
> service for reserved names that have marks in the TMCH” problem.

Running eternal claims services is clearly not a view shared by all
registries. The middle ground -- asking registrars and registries to
reactivate all the claims machinery for a subset of names -- presents a
significant challenge.

As such, I concur with option 4 or 3 for handling claims for reserved names
with marks in TMCH.

.wil