[gtld-tech] WHOIS clarification needed for host attributes

Loesje Hermans loesje.hermans at dnsbelgium.be
Fri Nov 28 11:34:14 UTC 2014

Hi all,

According to the spec 4 of the registry agreement we should output following fields when querying for a name server: Registrar, WHOIS server and Referral URL.
If I understand correctly they are also obligated and therefor cannot be left blank.

Which data should be displayed for those fields when the registry uses host attributes? I cannot think of anything logic.

Are there other registries using host attributes?

Kind regards,

Loesje Hermans
Functional Analyst
+32 16 29 89 23

DNS Belgium vzw/asbl
Ubicenter - Philipssite 5, bus 13 - 3001 Leuven
www.dnsbelgium.be<http://www.dnsbelgium.be/>

[cid:09ee086c0b7e41ef0f09e359060c1a61f817d422 at zimbra]