[gtld-tech] Whether registrars have to implement a RDAP service

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Fri Dec 4 22:57:15 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

Regarding open issue I.3 Whether registrars have to implement a RDAP
service.

In section 2.3 of v12 we say that registrars MUST offer RDAP service for
all "thin registrations” that they sponsor. There appears to be no benefit
in requiring registrars to offer RDAP service for a thick registration.
Please note that the requirements is regarding individual registrations as
opposed to TLD-wise. We included a definition for “thin registration”.

Regards,

--
Francisco.