[gtld-tech] RDAP requirement for registrars sponsoring "thick" gTLDs only?

Roger D Carney rcarney at godaddy.com
Mon Aug 8 19:03:53 UTC 2016

Good Afternoon,

Thomas, your interpretation is correct, that is the intent of the wording in section 3.1.1: Registrars are not required to have RDAP server services if all their gTLD registrations are thick registrations (Registrars are still required to provide WHOIS lookups for com/net/jobs via port-43 and this implementation will be redefined/honed by the Thick WHOIS IRT).

Thanks

Roger