[gtld-tech] [weirds] Search Engines Indexing RDAP Server Content

Siemen Roorda siemen at openprovider.nl
Mon Feb 8 06:26:25 UTC 2016

I would _love_ it for ccTLDs, but unfortunately nic.* is not always the
registry's website. nic.ru is a good example of that. Let alone
registries that do not even know what whois is!

Taking IANA as a leading source is what we do as far as the information
exists, and maybe from that side a 'wrapper' like $tld.whois.iana.org
could be provided. I know there is such functionality around but I've
never found one that is 100% free of errors. (Okay, maybe such feature
on IANA level wouldn't be either, but still...)

Siemen

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Siemen Roorda
Product developer Openprovider

Hosting Concepts B.V.
Willem Buytewechstraat 40
3024 BN  Rotterdam
The Netherlands
Tel +31 (0)10 448 22 96
Fax +31 (0)10 244 02 50

www.openprovider.nl       www.twitter.com/openprovider
www.openprovider.co.uk    www.twitter.com/openprovider_en
www.openprovider.es       www.twitter.com/openprovider_es

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to
receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby (a):
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action
with respect to the content of this information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful, and (b): kindly requested to inform the sender
immediately and destroy any copies.