[gtld-tech] Registrar Expiration Date I-D

luvingnc at aol.com luvingnc at aol.com
Fri Jan 22 19:05:14 UTC 2016

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not require registrars to display the registry expiration date?  They already have it, it requires no EPP extensions, and it's the registrar that's confusing (if things are confused) by exposing a different date than is held by the registry.

Nowadays, registrants go to either the registrar or the registry to consult the expiration date — I would think that most go to the registrar, where they’re seeing the “Registrar Expiration Date” and probably leave happy knowing their domain is safe and sound for the year they just were charged for.
The proposal calls for the registrar to send their version of the expiration date so that the registry displays it.

Ann Hammond