[gtld-tech] Registrar Expiration Date I-D

Luis E. Muñoz lem at uniregistry.link
Fri Jan 22 19:27:27 UTC 2016

On 22 Jan 2016, at 11:05, luvingnc at aol.com wrote:

> Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not require registrars to
> display the registry expiration date?  They already have it, it
> requires no EPP extensions, and it's the registrar that's confusing
> (if things are confused) by exposing a different date than is held by
> the registry.

Hello Ann,

The registrar has the registry’s expiration date from the last time it
got the domain info. This does not always match, as previously described
in the thread. I would argue that the worse problem is that we’re
trying to show the registrant two different dates — the use cases that
lead to this are present and sort out by themselves, with the processes
we all have in place now. By showing the two dates side by side, we’re
simply highlighting a non-issue and converting it to a concern on the
registrant’s mind.

Luis Muñoz
Director, Registry Operations

http://www.uniregistry.link/