[gtld-tech] Registrar Expiration Date I-D

Andrew Newton andy at hxr.us
Tue Jan 26 20:18:44 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM, Anderson, Marc <mcanderson at verisign.com> wrote:

> The proposed extension certainly does not meet the intent of the PDP working group.  In fact adding an additional expiration field to the Registry Whois output would seem to me to make Registry response inconsistent with the 2013 RAA.

So the intent of the PDP working group was to have consistency of
protocol labels but ignore consistency in the meaning of those
protocol labels?

As a member of the general public (I don't work for a domain registry
or registrar), I certainly find it helpful to know when the registry
and registrar have a difference of opinion on how to deliver the
service I am paying them to deliver. Therefore I see nothing wrong
with this proposal.

-andy