[gtld-tech] Registrar Expiration Date I-D

Thomas Corte Thomas.Corte at knipp.de
Wed Jan 27 10:12:46 UTC 2016

Hello Jody,

On 26/01/2016 20:19, Jody Kolker wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just a few facts to recap:
>
> 1.  I can't recall a single gTLD that is contracted by ICANN that does
> not auto renew a registered domain.  Every registered domain is
> renewed by the registry either on the expiration date of the domain or
> 45 days after the expiration date.  The domain is never deleted at the
> registry unless requested by the registrar or a policy supported
> mechanism.

Last time I checked (shortly after their migration to CentralNic in
2015), .coop did not perform automatic renewals. .coop domains go into
pendingDelete status five days after reaching their expiration date.

Best regards,

Thomas

--
TANGO REGISTRY SERVICES®
Knipp Medien und Kommunikation GmbH                    Thomas Corte
D-44227 Dortmund                      E-Mail: Thomas.Corte at knipp.de
Germany