[gtld-tech] Registrar Expiration Date I-D

Thomas Corte Thomas.Corte at knipp.de
Wed Jan 27 16:52:35 UTC 2016

Hello,

On 27/01/2016 17:31, Antoin Verschuren wrote:

> I see a 4th one, like Thomas Corte suggested:
>
> 4. Registrar-based WHOIS goes away.  The WHOIS does not show any
> expiration date, and registrars and registrants have to communicate with
> each other about expirations and payments etc.

Alternatively, the "Registry Expiry Date" Whois field could be renamed to
"Registry Renewal Date", which (for auto-renewing registries) reflects
the real meaning much better and sounds less worrying to clueless
registrants.

/Thomas

--
TANGO REGISTRY SERVICES®
Knipp Medien und Kommunikation GmbH                    Thomas Corte
D-44227 Dortmund                      E-Mail: Thomas.Corte at knipp.de
Germany