[gtld-tech] Do not implement before date in CL&D and RDAP profile

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Thu Jul 14 01:18:05 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

As you may recall the gTLD RDAP profile and Thick Whois policy implementation – Consistent Labeling and Display (CL&D for short) are synchronized and have a proposed effective date of 1 February 2017. This means enforcement would start on that date. However, in monitoring compliance with a given policy or contractual requirement we also need time to develop our tools and be able to *not* report false compliance issues (e.g., our current tool would raise an issue if it encounters the new Whois output that is specified in CL&D). We need to update that tool to avoid that issue from happening.

We’d like to add to both CL&D and the RDAP profile a “do not implement before” date to avoid the aforementioned issue. We are thinking we are going to need approximately four months to update/build our tools be able to identify the updated Whois output and RDAP output. That would give contracted parties approximately a two-month window for release before the effective. We are planning to add such a date to the documents, unless there is a reason why people think we should not.

Regards,

--
Francisco