[gtld-tech] Do not implement before date in CL&D and RDAP profile

Benoit Levac benoit.levac at rightside.co
Tue Jul 19 16:21:49 UTC 2016

Francisco,.

I have a few questions regarding your email before I can express an opinion
as to whether the dates should be added or not to the documents.

1 - I don't recall seeing a proposed effective date of February 1st 2017 on
the RDAP profile discussions, or anywhere else.  When was this date
announced?

2 - According to a note on page 15 of the latest red line of the RDAP
profile, "Thick Whois Policy that covers the transition of .com, .jobs and
.net gTLDs from thin to thick Whois will define an implementation date for
Registrars to offer an RDAP service for registrations under these TLDs." .
By adding the February 1st 2017 date to the CL&D (Thick Whois Policy), I
want to confirm whether that includes registrar WHOIS for .COM, .NET and
.JOB per the comment in the RDAP Profile, or whether those are separate
dates.

3 - By "do not implement before date", do you mean the date by when
Registries and Registrars have to comply with the 2 mentioned policies?  If
so, isn't it more of a "MUST implement by" date?  I assume that is the date
when you would start monitoring for compliance?

4 - When you say you will need 4 months to implement your RDDS monitoring,
do you mean from now?  From February 1st 2017?  I'm not sure I understand
how that gives us 2 months.  2 months from what date?

5 - To be clear, what would be our final compliance date to have RDAP
service fully operational per the RDAP profile?

Thank you.

Ben

--
Benoit Levac
VP Engineering, Registry Platform[image: Rightside]

benoit.levac at rightside.co
www.rightside.co