[gtld-tech] Do not implement before date in CL&D and RDAP profile

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Thu Jul 21 20:13:11 UTC 2016

Hi Ben,

The 1-Feb-2017 date has been discussed in the Implementation Review Team of the Thick Whois policy and other presentations in ICANN and other events.

Registrations under .com, .jobs, and .net (the only thin gTLD registries), both in the registry and registrar side, are not required to be offered, but may be offered over RDAP according to the gTLD RDAP profile. They are expected to be required in the upcoming policy for the transition from thin to thick.

I think I covered questions 3 and 4 below with my other email. If not, please let me know.

The final date by which RDAP would have to be operational would be 1-Feb-2017. We expect to publish the final version of the profile and send the formal notices to contracted parties early next week.

Regards,

--
Francisco