[gtld-tech] Do not implement before date in CL&D and RDAP profile

Francisco Arias francisco.arias at icann.org
Thu Jul 21 17:06:01 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for the confusion caused, I wrote "do not implement before" when I meant "do not deploy before" date. In other words, we are proposing to have a date for when this new functionality can be turned on. Contracted parties can, of course, start implementation/development at their convenience. ICANN’s objective for the do not deploy before date is to allow ICANN’s tools to be updated to account for the changes required by CL&D, thus preventing our tools from generating false non-conformance reports during testing and/or monitoring.

After discussing this internally, we think we only need this date for the CL&D policy and not for RDAP. As a reminder, the CL&D policy only applies to registries.

In summary, we are proposing to have a "do not deploy before" date for the CL&D policy that only applies to registries.

Regards,

--
Francisco