[gtld-tech] CZDS Support for Request Cancellation

Joe Wein joewein at surbl.org
Thu Apr 28 10:05:37 UTC 2022

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 10:12:46PM +0000, ICANN Global Support wrote:
>
>> Today we have released new functionality in the Centralized Zone Data
>> Service (CZDS) system that allows zone file access requesters to
>> cancel a previously submitted access request that is still in pending
>> status.
>
> Thanks!  This is very much appreciated.

Indeed, that was very welcome news!

> I think my question has a broader audience, so I am asking it here
> instead:
>
>   What effect does cancelling a long neglected "pending" request have
>   on outstanding complaints?  Are they also automatically closed?
>
> The reason I ask, is that after closing long neglected requests I am
> opening fresh requests in the hope that they might get approved this
> time around.  If they don't get processed in a fairly generous time
> frame (say 4 weeks), I'd like to file a fresh complaint, and would
> like it to not register as a duplicate...

Yes, that's a very likely source of proplems unless addressed.

> [ I've cancelled and reopened ZFA requests for "citadel" and "xn--kput3i",
>  it'll be interesting to see whether this helps to unwedge the process. ]

I did the same for citadel, previously unprocessed since December 2020.

Friends of friends currently have 5 pending requests for "xn--kput3i"
outstanding from their respective ICANN accounts.

At least this registry is consistent ;-)

A request that I have made before: Can we please have the TLD mentioned in
the email that acknowleges that a complaint has been filed? Otherwise it is
very difficult to match ticket numbers to TLDs from our end.

Joe Wein
SURBL