[gtld-tech] CZDS renewal limbo for xn--kput3i since 2021-08-25

Victor Figueroa victor.figueroa at icann.org
Wed Feb 2 18:05:11 UTC 2022

Dear Joe,

Your comments have been passed to the Compliance team.

Best,

Victor
ICANN

On 2/1/22, 1:10 AM, "gtld-tech on behalf of Joe Wein via gtld-tech" <gtld-tech-bounces at icann.org on behalf of gtld-tech at icann.org> wrote:

    > It appears that Viktor Dukhovni via gtld-tech <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org>
    > said:
    >>
    >>My renewal request for access to xn--kput3i zone data has been
    >>unanswered (neither approved nor denied) since 2021-08-25. A
    >>complaint was filed a couple of weeks later, to no effect.
    >>
    >>Anyone else in the same boat?
    >
    > I've been waiting since 2021-11-04, filed complaints, no action.
    >
    > I've also been waiting for viting since 2020-12-24, well over a year.

    Hi John,

    Yesterday I wrote to ICANN Global Support Center <globalsupport at icann.org>
    to complain about not getting Zone File Access for two TLDs for close to 14
    months. Today I got this reply:

    Dear Joe Wein,

    Greetings from the ICANN Global Support.

    I am sorry to hear about the inconveniences you are experiencing. Rest
    assure that I will put my best efforts to provide you helpful information
    regarding CZDS requests.

    There is no defined time period that a Registry Operator must reject or
    approve a request. In general, a request is usually responded to in less
    than one month. On occasion, a response may take longer due to the amount of
    requests the Registry receives or other business factors.

    If you would like to file a complaint with ICANN regarding a Registry
    Operator failing to provide zone file access, please submit the zone file
    complaint form (https://icannportal.force.com/compliance/s/zfa) to ICANN
    Contractual Compliance. They will review your complaint and reply to you
    within 5 business days.

    If there is anything that I can assist you with, please let me know. If
    there are no questions or responses, this inquiry will be closed shortly.

    Feel free to contact us at any time if you have questions.

    Best regards,

    ICANN Global Support
    <<<<

    This of course is not a very helpful suggestion, as the complaints I filed
    last March using the suggested URI are still open and unprocessed and the
    ICANN ticketing system only allows one complaint per submitter per TLD at
    any one time. Other complaints are auto-closed as duplicates.

    So I wrote back, explaining that to them. We'll see what happens.

    Joe