[gtld-tech] CZDS system updates for access extension requests

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Sat Jul 2 04:33:10 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 09:29:53PM +0000, Eduardo Alvarez via gtld-tech wrote:

> Zone file access requesters already authorized to access a top-level
> domain (TLD) zone file in the CZDS system will now have the option to
> submit an access extension request up to 30 days prior to the
> expiration date of their currently approved access.

Many thanks, this is working nicely.  So far for me 30 TLDs zones
were extended by the RO:

    allfinanz asda basketball bmw buzz cbre ceo cfa chanel
    cuisinella deloitte dvag emerck george global koeln kpmg kred
    mini northwesternmutual ovh pohl qpon rugby samsclub schmidt
    walmart wien woodside yahoo

within a day of the extension request, which will ensure
continuity of zone access for the above TLDs.

With a bit of luck, now most TLDs will be extended before the
corresponding request expires, with actual brief expirations
a thing of the past.

Of course the ROs who take months to review renewal requests may
likewise neglect extension requests, time will tell.

Presently, my "laggards" are:

        citadel                  2019-01-28
        voting                   2022-06-09
        scb                      2022-06-21

With citadel, cancelling and filing a new request on 2022-06-02
has not yet been effective, but this did resolve a long overdue
issue with xn--kput3i, so support cancellation is also a win, if
not a silver bullet.

--
    Viktor.