[gtld-tech] CZDS system updates for access extension requests

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Tue Jul 5 01:13:40 UTC 2022

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 06:05:45PM -0400, Viktor Dukhovni via gtld-tech wrote:

> > Please note that an extension request still requires approval by the
> > TLD registry operator to extend the expiration date. If the extension
> > request is not approved prior to the access expiration date, the
> > access request will expire normally.
>
> I assume that in this case pending requests will still remain pending
> until the RO will get around to them.

This just happened for me today with "tirol", who took longer than ~6
days to approve the extension.  The request now shows "Expired", but
wouldn't it have made sense for it to automatically move to "Pending"?
The original request could have been cloned as a new "Pending" request,
or just re-entered the "Pending" state directly.

Of course in my case tomorrow's daily batch job will automatically file
a fresh request for "tirol", and they may now have two open requests to
handle.  I hope this won't cause any confusion when they come around to
looking at these.

--
    Viktor.