[gtld-tech] CZDS system updates for access extension requests

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Jul 5 02:09:41 UTC 2022

It appears that Viktor Dukhovni via gtld-tech <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> said:
>This just happened for me today with "tirol", who took longer than ~6
>days to approve the extension.  The request now shows "Expired", but
>wouldn't it have made sense for it to automatically move to "Pending"?

Don't be silly. If we had any interest in making CZDS meet the needs
of its users, it would be renewing everything automatically instead of
fooling around with optional extensions. But instead ...

For anyone else, I have used Viktor's excellent notes to update my
python script so it can both make extend requests for everything
eligible to be extended, and renewals for anything eligible to be
renewed. If you want a copy, just ask.

R's,
John