[gtld-tech] ZFA access to .VOTING

Joe Wein joewein at surbl.org
Fri Jul 22 11:55:31 UTC 2022

> I requested renewal of expired access to ".voting" on 2022-06-09, and
> haven't heard back yet.  Complaint filed a few weeks back, and finally
> "confirmed" by ICANN compliance yesterday.  TBD whether complaints will
> elicit or expedite a response.

My last renewal was applied for on April 28 and approved the next day.

A colleague applied on April 11 and only his request approved on May 31,
after filing a complaint. YMMV.

> The email "confirmation" of complaints is becoming increasing skimpy on
> details.  The message subject omits the TLD name, and the detail summary
> at the bottom omits the date the complaint was filed (now harder to track
> complaint confirmation delays).  And of course the initial mail from the
> ZFA form also omits the TLD name.  It feels like usability was made as
> marginal as possible in order to discourage filing complaints.
>
> My backlog of filed complaints is:
>
>        citadel                  2019-01-28
>        voting                   2022-06-09
>        gmx                      2022-06-27
>        xn--1qqw23a              2022-07-06
>        xn--30rr7y               2022-07-06
>        xn--3bst00m              2022-07-06
>        xn--6qq986b3xl           2022-07-06
>        xn--9et52u               2022-07-06
>        xn--xhq521b              2022-07-06
>
> I've asked for the citadel complaint to be cancelled, haven't heard
> back yet.  Once it is cancelled, I'll cancel the pending request, and
> try again a couple of months later...

I finally got .citadel approved on July 16, after having applied in December
2020 (19 months)!

After "Cancel" got implemented, I cancelled the request and reapplied in
April of this year. That reply got denied a month later. Then I reapplied
and this time I got it. So I would definitely recommend canceling you
request for .citadel and then reapplying soon.

Joe
SURBL