[gtld-tech] [CZDS] TLDs playing possum

Joe Wein joewein at surbl.org
Thu Mar 9 08:54:40 UTC 2023

John Levine wrote:
>>desi                 2022-11-23T23:49:55Z  57 days, 2:11:00

This is one is still evading all attempts for me.

The saga so far:

2022-09-15 - applied for access after expiry
2022-10-20 - filed complaint #1 after being ignored for a month
2022-11-09 - ICANN acks complaint #1 after 3 weeks
2023-02-06 - filed complaint #2 after a few months
2023-03-01 - ICANN closes complaint #2 as a duplicate after 3 weeks
2023-03-09 - sent follow-up to ICANN to complaint #1

The system is still broken.

When you submit a complaint, you get back an email that a ticket has been
created with some ticket number, but that email does not mention the TLD the
complaint pertains to. So unless you manually record the connection, you
won't know which ticket is for what TLD until you get the proper
acknowledgement with a copy of the complaint several weeks later (I believe
this is when ICANN forwards the complaint to the registry - why only after a
couple of weeks?).

Also ICANN, when you close a complaint as a duplicate because of an existing
pending ticket for that TLD and account, can you list the ticket ID of that
existing ticket in the email message?

Joe Wein
SURBL