[ICANN Academy WG] Pilot leadership training in Toronto - decision on the dates

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Aug 29 21:21:22 UTC 2012

Alain,

I think that the curriculum currently on the table would be quite useful to community leaders that are not ICANN veterans.  My point was simply that the participants identified in this first effort are predominantly veterans.  Even in the case of Fadi, by the time he starts he likely will have been briefed and done enough self-study that attending two days of the training probably wouldn't be the best use of his time.

A training needs assessment is a very good idea.  But we would need to have sufficient time before scheduled training to do that and, just as important, we would need to design a training program that allowed for some customization of training per individual.  On-line training can be especially well-suited for customization but even in-person training could be designed to accomplish that to some degree.  I think these are very good things for us to drill down on further because the bottom line is that there will always be large variations in terms of training needs.

Chuck