[ICANN Academy WG] Feedback on Draft_Curriculum_Initial_Proposal_20120203.doc

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sat Feb 4 14:06:35 UTC 2012

Dear Fatima and all,

the language point was discussed at length at the last call of the committee and it was decided:
- having a limited project budget already, any translation - particularly simultaneous translation - would increase the costs of an Academy course significantly;
- the Academy and its Curriculum is NOT an outreach or capacity building program for the community BUT focused on incoming *leaders* from various constituencies -- see DRAFT - Project Proposal ICANN Academy: (...), point 1.
"b) an enhanced 20 hours lecture programme for new appointed ICANN officers for the board, councils and advisory committees (financed by ICANN)"
https://community.icann.org/display/Improve/ICANN+Academy+Proposal
- and according to the ICANN Bylaws, Section 3.6. and Section 4.6. etc. -- see:
http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm

Thanks for your consideration and
best regards,
Wolf

Fatima Cambronero wrote Sat, 4 Feb 2012 00:29

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/
mobile +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig