[ICANN Academy WG] RES: ICANN Academy WG meetings in Toronto confirmed

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 08:43:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Stéphane Van Gelder <
stephane.vangelder at indom.com> wrote:

> Hi Marilyn,
>
> Well if YOU want a single session, then I guess that's the end of that
> discussion ;)

Actually if you read the other responses, there are quite a few of us who
think that a single session is productive. Just assessing the varied
diverse responses to things raised via this list is just an indicator of
the diversity of views, positions etc. It is logical to assume that in
order to minimise the risk of continued fragmented discussions that we sort
it out once and for all. If we have 2 meetings, we run the risk of not
getting anything finalised in Toronto and I think we have suffered from
considerable delay in getting traction and addressing the fundamental void
that has brought us together in the first place.

> That being the case, I have to agree with you that holding two separate
> GROUP DISCUSSION sessions is a risk and should be avoided.

 It is important to get some traction so that we accelerate this process.