[ICANN Academy WG] ICANN Academy WG meetings in Toronto rescheduled

Rumy Kanis rumy at ripe.net
Tue Sep 18 06:47:04 UTC 2012

Hello,

I agree that the primary focus should be 1 and 2. I also agree with comments on this list that there should be several learning goals. Preferably per section. But I'm a training purist so I might be pushing things here ;-)

And a question about point 3. Will we only discuss F2F vs on-line (or a mix), or will we also discuss specific training methods used throughout the programme? I don't know if there will be time for this in Toronto, but it would be good to look at this in a later stage. There are many different training methods, each with their own success/failure rates: a presentation is totally different from a workshop, or an exercise, group discussion etc. And each method requires a different type of "resource person"  (lecturer, presenter, instructor, moderator, facilitator, content-expert, whatever...). Having a clear idea of goals and methodologies, might make it easier to select the "resource persons" needed. Just some food for thought.

Kind regards,
Rumy