[ICANN Academy WG] Analysis and conclusions of the survey

Hong Xue hongxueipr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:43:55 UTC 2013

Dear Sandra,

I'm not sure whether we have studies and examined all the capacity building
and training programs offered within ICANN and through ICANN staff. For
example, ICANN's security team has been offering training programs for
ccTLDs, governmental officials, etc. since 2003. Detailed info is in the
document at <
http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/ssr-fy14-06mar13-en.htm>. Their
extensive training covers technology, policy and management.

I don't know what was the conclusion of the WG meeting on Monday on the
future of this WG. I suggest we move to craft a matrix of all the training
programs funded and conducted by ICANN to see whether coordination or
supplementation are needed.

Best,

Hong

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM, sandra hoferichter <info at hoferichter.eu>wrote:

>  Dear all,****
>
> ** **
>
> we just finished the Academy call a couple of hours ago and I like to
> thank all who could participate, knowing that many of us are already half
> way to Beijing or sorting out last urgencies before leaving.****
>
> ** **
>
> Enclosed I send you the draft survey analysis and the conclusions, which
> were subject to discussion during the call and invite you to read it before
> our Beijing meeting and comment on it. During the meeting we will summarise
> the results of survey and agree on the future course of action according to
> the results.****
>
> ** **
>
> I wish you all a safe travel and look forward meeting many of you in China
> soon.****
>
> ** **
>
> Best Sandra****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> *Next meeting:*
>
> ** **
>
> *Monday, 8 April 2013 *
>
> *Time: 15.00-16.00
> Meeting Room: Function 6*
>
> ** **
>
> Agenda:****
>
>    1. Review of the ICANN Academy Survey (Moderator: Sandra Hoferichter
>    -10 mins) ****
>    2. ICANN Online Education Platform and the role of the ICANN Academy
>    WG - Open Discussion with Matthew Shears (25 mins) ****
>    3. Next Steps to be undertaken between Beijing, Durban and Buenos
>    Aires (Moderator: Sandra Hoferichter - 25 mins)  ****
>
> ** **

Professor Dr. Hong Xue
Director of Institute for the Internet Policy & Law (IIPL)
Beijing Normal University
http://www.iipl.org.cn/
19 Xin Jie Kou Wai Street
Beijing 100875 China