[ICANN Academy WG] PILOT - ICANN Leadership Training Programme in Buenos Aires

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Sep 5 21:02:08 UTC 2013

Hello all,

just to contribute to this thread, I see a disagreement/misunderstanding
as to for whom the Leadership Training Program is for. But Sandra did
say the following, which might have been missed:

On 05/09/2013 10:15, sandra hoferichter wrote:
> My general comment is: this programme is an offer to the community. Finally it is up to each constituency to decide whom to send and up to the individual to participate, regardless if they are either incoming, returning or current leader.

So the program is open to both newcomers and SO/AC/SG leaders. It is
made available to those people. It is not compulsory and the
constituencies themselves should decide whom they wish to send. So the
debate as to whom this is for does not stand: it is for those whose
constituency believes they would benefit from it. You want to send a "45
ICANN meetings attendee"? Go for it! You want to send a newcomer? Sure!

Kind regards,

Olivier