[Internal-cg] U.S. Government Funding Bill & ANA Transition

Daniel Karrenberg daniel.karrenberg at ripe.net
Thu Dec 11 15:31:27 UTC 2014

I agree with Jari: while observing (US) politics can be both amusing and
depressing at the same time this should not influence our work here. We
should make sure that we develop a high quality proposal that all
communities can accept; we should continue to do so both within the
explicit constraints set by NTIA, which we accepted, and within the time
line which we imposed upon ourselves. Nothing more and nothing less.

Ceterum censeo: We should watch the progress of all processes very
carefully and be prepared to determine that we cannot develop such a
proposal within the original time line. We should not wait until the
last minute to make this determination. Hope that "it will be allright"
and last minute haste may lead to foul compromises and a bad proposal.
In my experience the quality of the governance arrangements is much more
important in the long run than meeting the deadline of-the-day.

Daniel