[Internal-cg] Charter version 3

joseph alhadeff joseph.alhadeff at oracle.com
Fri Jul 18 05:43:01 UTC 2014

Jari, colleagues:

Attached please find some proposed edits.

My concerns exist in four areas.

1.  we do too little to explain the consultation with stakeholders and a
rough consensus process as well as the fact that we will specify the
formal inputs (where we specify workability disclosure etc) we will
request from them
2. by focusing so directly on the three categories we again seem to
define communities of interest only in terms of the customers of IANA
3.  I think it is appropriate to include a statement of the importance
of maintaining the stability and functionality of the Internet in
relation to IANA functions throughout the transition functions
4.  I think we need also need to avow that transparency is an operating
principle.

Finally, I think there will be some overlap with the scope language
which may require editing.

Best-

Joe