[Internal-cg] Doodle poll for two (2) telephone conferences

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:24:56 UTC 2014

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for reply

The message is clear but I can further explain it

You have witnessed that I am among the most active GAC ICG and  among the
most active members of ICG

out of 700 messages exchanged ,more thins 300 emanated from me

I spent and invested time and efforts to contribute to the process

 After ICG 06 September closure time, 11 ICG members got together to find
solution for the consensus document.

After some discussions , I proposed a compromise so as not to be very
specific but to leave the door open for sensitive issues based on their
merits and under circumstances they are /will be discussed

I therefore proposed to remove all sensitive issues such as Quorum, Voting
on specific subject matter,  Quantitative Majority and Minority, and also
removing qualitative adjectives for describing majority, minority,
oppositions agreement but address the matter in a general  manner/approach
including direct reference to "case by case concept".

The compromise solution was unanimously agreed upon

In return to my room on that date I revised the Consensus building document
based on those principles and sent it to all.

On 07 September, I made some purely editorial amendments and resent it
again  to all ICG members

I received comments from few colleagues ( Marry, Joe, Wolf ,Jari , Manal
and few others.

I implemented all those suggestions.

I then sent out a clean version to everybody.

One or two ICG persons who neither were present at ICG meeting nor at that
G11 ,put in question those principle which is normally practiced in all
international meetings

While I fully recognized the legitimate right of each and every ICG member
to freely express and submit their view points, I am not comfortable that
those colleagues bring us back to square one and pushing to impose their
views which were the origin of all these disagreement.

Dear All,

This sort of reaction is neither  productive nor constructive

If someone pushes for its own views and brings us back to square one we
never be able to discuss that consensus building document on 17September at
conference call established for this purpose

Today is 12 September, Saturday and Sunday are off .We have therefore only
Monday and .as on Tuesday 16 we have to warp up

I am not optimistic to reach any agreement at that conference call because
most of the time the floor is occupied by very few persons ,in particular,
by  one person who  acts as spokesman of God and acts as the Judge or the
Master of everybody.

I hope this explanation is satisfactory and properly replied to your views

During the last months ( from 17 Jul till now) only representative from one
 operational community pushed that their community views shall prevail.The
language used in all text mostly coming from that community ,the consensus
building approach initially proposed is also coming from that community. In
fact it is legitimate that someone begins to propose something but the
problem is that one should not insist to impose the views of that community
to the others .We should not listen to our own views but listen to
everybody views and be ready to negotiate and compromise . .

Regards

Kavouss