[Internal-cg] Interpretation of 'Consensus' ..

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Fri Jan 16 18:05:47 UTC 2015

The reason why there may be different approaches to consensus building is simple: CWG and CCWG established their respected charters (including the consensus building part – which is taken from the already imposed GNSO working group rules) prior to their official take-off. Their members were already provided with related rules when they came to the table.
ICG structure was decided independently from a multistakeholder approach, the member organizations were set in advance. Then rules had to be developed between ICANN- and Non-ICANN-related members.

The outcome obviously varies but I would accept it and let the groups decide their procedures.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich