[IOT] Rule 3

Flip Petillion fpetillion at petillion.law
Tue Nov 14 09:09:04 UTC 2023

Very good point Malcolm,

I recall we added language saying that ICANN will provide all relevant information on a dedicated website.

Best

Flip

Flip Petillion, FCiArb
fpetillion at petillion.law<mailto:fpetillion at petillion.law>
+32484652653
www.petillion.law<http://www.petillion.law>

[id:image001.png at 01D3691D.DA7539C0]<https://www.petillion.law/>

  Attorneys – Advocaten – Avocats

From: IOT <iot-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Malcolm Hutty via IOT <iot at icann.org>
Reply to: Malcolm Hutty <Malcolm at linx.net>
Date: Tuesday, 14 November 2023 at 10:04
To: Susan Payne <susan.payne at comlaude.com>, Bernard Turcotte via IOT <iot at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [IOT] Rule 3

If the Claimant is supposed to pick a panelist within 30 days (a very short time to learn about unknown procedures), how does the Claimant know that they have this duty, how do they know what Panelists are available, and how do they actually discharge this duty?

It seems to me that if we place such procedural duties on Claimants, we must also place on the system a duty to provide necessary support: a guide to inform the Claimant, provide names and biographies of Panelists (which could be online, but the Claimant must be individually informed where to find it), a form to submit their choice and an address to submit it to.

--
 Malcolm Hutty | Director, Legal and Policy
T: +44 7789 987 023 | www.linx.net<http://www.linx.net/>

[cid:image002.png at 01DA16E2.98AB6400]
London Internet Exchange Ltd (LINX)
c/o WeWork, 12 Moorgate, London EC2R 6DA

Registered in England No. 3137929 at Trinity Court, Trinity Street, Peterborough PE1 1DA