[IOT] IRP-IOT Next steps and meetings at ICANN78

Susan Payne susan.payne at comlaude.com
Mon Oct 16 11:45:29 UTC 2023

Hi all

Unfortunately, we were unable to achieve quorum for the proposed IOT meeting last week and so the agenda items will be carried over to our meetings in Hamburg.  Our primary tasks are:

1.       Finalise the Rule 3 text (IRP Panel Selection).  I am re-attaching updated and proposed final text of Rule 3 - this has been revised to reflect the discussions on our last couple of calls, and includes Sam's text in subsection 3 to address the fact that Standing Panel lack of capacity may not be "all or nothing".  The recent updates are highlighted to distinguish from the rest of the redlines against the current Interim Supplementary Procedures.

  1.  Review and discuss the proposed text for our public comment, consisting of the mark-up of the relevant rule against the current form of the Interim Supplementary Procedures, together with explanatory text/rationale. This public comment text is not intended to re-open a discussion on the wording of the rules themselves, which has previously been agreed, but to ensure that the explanation/rationale reflects our collective decisions.  I am reattaching the word version of the following (previously circulated for our last call), and also including links to Google Doc versions:

     *   rule 3 - IRP panel selection (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZRtrVsR20z5uA03X07FIlmHcuOZqsttqlUsN_gIEhN0/edit?usp=sharing)
     *   rule 5B - Translations (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wbM4hlz0OQP9LsyEaFKexsdd9Y45qQKusJMmtlcpdlU/edit?usp=sharing)

In addition, I am now attaching, or will shortly circulate:

     *   rule 7 - Consolidation, intervention and participation as an amicus ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/19JPBh64qbtURw1OBL9Z1P3GchCYC7VdJeJwCpBJvltE/edit?usp=sharing)
     *   rule 4 - Time for Filing, which includes Initiation (to follow)

In order to make the best use of our time please do review prior to our ICANN 78 meetings and propose any edits to the explanatory & rationale text only as comments in the GoogleDocs versions.  If you have trouble seeing the redlines in the Google Doc you may need to log-in.

  1.  Time permitting, we may begin to discuss the Cooperative Engagement Process (CEP).  The current process, which predates the changes to ICANN's Bylaws, can be found here:  https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/cep-11apr13-en.pdf  As always the insights of practitioners who have utilised the CEP will be very beneficial.

Meetings at ICANN 78

We have the following meetings during ICANN 78:

  *   Monday 23 October 16.30 - 17.30 CEST (14.30 UTC), Hall C
  *   Wednesday 25 October - 10.30 - 12.00 CEST (08.30 UTC), Hall C

I hope to see as many of you as possible in person.  If you cannot attend in person, but plan to do so remotely, please note that you will still need to register for the ICANN78 meeting in order to access the session details.  If you download the Sched App or synch your calendar it should automatically update with the Zoom link when released - or you will be able to get it from the schedule on the ICANN website.

Thanks all, and safe travels for those attending in person.

Susan

Susan Payne
Head of Legal Policy

[cid:image001.png at 01DA0018.D82FD740]<https://comlaude.com/>

28-30 Little Russell Street,
London WC1A 2HN, UK
T +44 (0) 20 7421 8250
Ext 255

comlaude.com<http://comlaude.com>

Follow us on Linkedin<https://t-uk.xink.io/Tracking/Index/pRkAAFJfAADw_RQA0> and YouTube<https://t-uk.xink.io/Tracking/Index/bhkAAFJfAADw_RQA0>

[cid:image002.png at 01DA0018.D82FD740]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/com-laude> [cid:image003.png at 01DA0018.D82FD740] <https://twitter.com/comlaude?lang=en>  [cid:image004.png at 01DA0018.D82FD740] <https://www.facebook.com/ComLaude/>  [cid:image005.png at 01DA0018.D82FD740] <https://www.youtube.com/@comlaude>

[cid:image006.jpg at 01DA0018.D82FD740]
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. They may not be disclosed, used by or copied in any way by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have received this message in error, please return it to the sender (deleting the body of the email and attachments in your reply) and immediately and permanently delete it. Please note that Com Laude Group Limited (the "Com Laude Group") does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any attachments. The Com Laude Group does not accept liability for statements which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of the group or one of its member entities. The Com Laude Group is a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 10689074 and registered office at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN England. The Com Laude Group includes Nom-IQ Limited t/a Com Laude, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 5047655 and registered office at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN England; Valideus Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 6181291 and registered office at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN England; Demys Limited, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC197176 and registered office at 15 William Street, South West Lane, Edinburgh, EH3 7LL Scotland; Consonum, Inc. dba Com Laude USA and Valideus USA, a corporation incorporated in the State of Washington and principal office address at Suite 332, Securities Building, 1904 Third Ave, Seattle, WA 98101; Com Laude (Japan) Corporation, a company registered in Japan with company number 0100-01-190853 and registered office at 1-3-21 Shinkawa, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 104-0033, Japan; Com Laude Domain ESP S.L.U., a company registered in Spain and registered office address at Calle Barcas 2, 2, Valencia, 46002, Spain. For further information see www.comlaude.com<https://comlaude.com>