[IPC-GNSO] FW: FINAL - Agreed text for IANA Service Level

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrlaw.com
Tue Sep 1 22:18:14 UTC 2015

Very interesting stuff Jeff.  This provides answers to some of the issues raised in SSAC 69.  Regarding the “Assumptions” stated, there are a couple of phrases that strike me as a little odd:

I. Absent extraordinary circumstances, IANA will operate in an open and transparent manner while respecting customer confidentiality.

J. In addition, it will respond to requests in a fair and non-discriminatory manner unless a requested change is deemed to be an emergency.

The conditional language appears a bit broad in both these assumptions.  Should they be stated in a more limited manner?  E.g.

I.                    “IANA will operate in an open and transparent manner while respecting customer confidentiality.  In the event of extraordinary circumstances, e.g. ____________, there may be a need for ________________________.”

J.     “IANA will respond to requests in a fair and non-discriminatory manner.  In the event a requested change is deemed by _____________Who? to be an emergency, exceptions to __________What? may be made.”

Lastly, are these actually “Assumptions” or are they service standards or operating principles?

Thank you for working on this.

Anne

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese

Of Counsel