[ksk-rollover] Increased DNSKEY queries to the root servers since the KSK-2010 revocation

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Tue Jan 15 23:53:20 UTC 2019

Does this have anything to do with the observation that A and J truncate large IPv6 UDP responses and the dual sigs cause a truncated response in IPv6 from root servers A and J which triggers a followup TCP query? (as do B, G and I).

(I also note that B and G truncates IPv4 UDP responses at 1280 octets as well (or they did last I looked)

Geoff