[ksk-rollover] Increased DNSKEY queries to the root servers since the KSK-2010 revocation

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Wed Jan 16 01:32:27 UTC 2019

On 1/15/19, 3:53 PM, "Geoff Huston" <gih at apnic.net> wrote:

    Does this have anything to do with the observation that A and J truncate large IPv6 UDP responses

No, I don't think so.  In the data that I've look at so far, it's been IPv4 sources exhibiting this rollover-and-die[1] behavior.

We do observe an increase in truncation during ZSK rollovers.  But at revocation, the overall truncation rate dropped a little, almost certainly due to the increase in volume from misbehaving sources.  Admittedly that could be masking truncation from other sources so I'll take a closer look.

DW

[1] I wish they would.