[NCAP-Discuss] Fwd: [Ext] JAS no-bid on NCAP Study 1

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Wed Sep 4 18:08:07 UTC 2019

> Em 4 de set de 2019, à(s) 14:59:000, Danny McPherson <danny at tcb.net> escreveu:
>

> On Sep 4, 2019, at 4:33 PM, Rubens Kuhl <rubensk at nic.br <mailto:rubensk at nic.br>>
>>
>> Tell that to those affected by those expired domains:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPbyDSvGasw <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPbyDSvGasw>
> That doesn’t make them name collisions and they’re expressly out of the scope of this NCAP work just like the old bit-squatting stuff as well.  If we’re kitchen-sinking it there’s a whole list of gunk you can put in there.
>
>> That's why this topic was included in the SubPro charter, and is still a matter of discussion.
>
> Nothing surprises me there.  If you think there’s an issue with expired domains and their registration by new registrants then perhaps bring it up where it should be discussed - not as a distraction attack in SubPro.

GNSO is where gTLD policy is discussed, and the GNSO charter for SubPro states:
https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/filefield_48475/subsequent-procedures-charter-21jan16-en.pdf <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/filefield_48475/subsequent-procedures-charter-21jan16-en.pdf>

"Name	collisions:	How	should	name	collisions	be	incorporated	into	future	new	gTLD	rounds?	What	measures	may	be	needed	to	manage	risks	for	2012-round	gTLDs	beyond	their	2	year	anniversary	of	delegation,	or	gTLDs	delegated	prior	to	the	2012	round?"

(Note the use of name collisions name for this, contrary to what is said above)

This part of charter came from the issue report, which can be found at https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/2016-12/subsequent-procedures-final-issue-04dec15-en.pdf <https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/2016-12/subsequent-procedures-final-issue-04dec15-en.pdf> . So there should be no surprise for things being discussed for some years now...

Rubens