[NCAP-Discuss] Honeypot refresher

Jeff Schmidt jschmidt at jasadvisors.com
Thu Apr 30 18:28:47 UTC 2020

On 4/30/20, 1:02 PM, "Patrik Fältström" <paf at frobbit.se> wrote:
> With all due respect, at time of this was discussed, JAS came to one conclusion, SSAC a different one.
> See SAC-066 for an analysis by SSAC, specifically Appendix A.
> <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-066-en.pdf>

Correct.  SSAC presented some very high level technical thoughts about these approaches.  SSAC was silent on the legal/liability issues instead relying on the (incorrect) premise that this is no different than other Internet honeypots.  JAS researched this issue extensively, sought counsel from multiple global jurisdictions, and came to a different conclusion as described in my previous post.

Jeff