[NCAP-Discuss] Draft final Study 1 report: "re-registered name collisions"

Danny McPherson danny at tcb.net
Thu Apr 30 22:21:08 UTC 2020

> On Apr 30, 2020, at 5:44 PM, Rubens Kuhl <rubensk at nic.br> wrote:
>
> Note that I am not a fan of using the word collision to characterise it, since it's more like a leak than a collision, but everybody started using that terminology so it's fruitless to question it at this point in time. We all know what it means.

I don’t like introducing new words (leaks) or imprecise terms or propagating them in an already confusing topic.  We should be precise and accurate in what we say.

A re-registration is not colliding with anything within the same global single root RZM namespace and it’s expressly out of the scope of the very definition provided therein.  The text we gave Karen is inaccurate and conflicted and needs to be repaired.

-danny