[NCAP-Discuss] Draft final Study 1 report: "re-registered name collisions"

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Apr 30 22:51:32 UTC 2020

> A re-registration is not colliding with anything within the same global single root RZM namespace and it’s expressly out of the scope of the very definition provided therein.  The text we gave Karen is inaccurate and conflicted and needs to be repaired.
>
> -danny

That's a point of view, and as I indicated, many others share a different point of view seeing those two as a single problem. So, that conflicted guidance is not different from the reality where there are conflicting points of views; in this case, I believe we should call out these different points of view to her and let her pick one explicitly instead of implicitly.

But it's kinda curious that all opinions I saw defending views such as yours work for the same company which happens to be a large incumbent registry.

Rubens